Monday 7 February 2011

meh

so I gave a subcutaneous shot on my last clinical day...I'll admit I was nervous, because I knew my instructor was going to be watching me like a hawk and commenting on all the steps...so yeah I acted like I was a newbie and kinda was in semi shock and freak out mode, cept I wasn't really freaking out about giving the shot, just about my instructor micromanaging how I need to give it...protocol, protocol, protocol...the mantra I wake up to and dream of at night...one day it will be just something I do, but right now I am learning to be watched, analyzed, and discussed like some bad experiament or test subject gone horribly wrong...you see you are only actually human if you become a nurse, while your still a nursing student your like a hamster running in circles and getting...no where...meh
well that was a little negativity pooring out...woah....
anyway so then I was basically told to write a 'reflection' on my first injection...i kinda laughed a little, and thats when I realized this hamster's got game...cause my first injection took place 4 years ago, in a megacity slum, in the wee hours of the night on someone just born, I gave a baby their vitamin K...so yeah, I will learn your protocols and run my tail off in this wee little cage...i will write a reflection on my subcutaneous injection...and keep writing reflections on what you tell me to write about...and then I will become a nurse and i will leave this little cage to be a person again...right now i am your hamster...soon i will be a human again...because I am spartacus.

2 comments:

Lola said...

I pretty much loved this post. :)

Alexandra Michel said...

i do too!!! you are amazing!