Monday 24 January 2011

Family Reunion with a Snake

I got to alberta after experiencing-in winnipeg-a few straight days of -40 windchill weather...Calgary was +3 when we landed at 9pm at night....why did I live in winnipeg?
Another surprise was getting to Three Hills and finding my sister Carissa's kids all awake, at about 10pm. They had just arrived from Asia on the 18th and were experiencing jet lag...as a family...it worked out well for me though:) I got to see everyone and when we all went to bed at midnight I thought we could all get a decent sleep...but apparently the kids were back up at 3:30am and my poor sis and bro with them. I had also experienced some trauma as I went to bed that night cause apparently, while i was away, my sister Andi decided to let her son own a snake...let me repeat that, a snake...i made my peace with God before i closed my eye's that night...just in case. As it was i think i was up at 6am ...
you might think we had a horrid day with everyone on either jet lag, new baby sleep, or snake sleep...but it was the best day of my life:)
apparently my sisters and bro in laws are so used to functioning with no sleep they are professionals...I neede a few cups of coffee though...the kids were all taken to the third hill for some type of winter sport that involved riding down the hill at dangerous speeds...the men all took them
and me and my mum and my sisters planned meals and drank tea and ate Mrs Feilds chocolate chip cookies...
then my cousin Kath and her hubbie Aaron came for a visit and then my cousin Ry and Audra and their 3 kids came for a visit and Ben the dog came with my Uncle James, we drank coffe this time and dat a chatted...then it was supper and then we drank more coffee, then we went outside and sat by the fire and drank more coffee, then we came inside to have some sharing and songs and put the rabble to bed...we drank some tea and sadly, Ry and Audra could not be convinsed to stay the night, cause then we would have had 12 kids 10 and under in the house with 9 adults and a snake...I would have even offered up my room to them for the night...but no, apparently this wasn't good enough for Ry and Audra:)...actually just knowing that Kath and Aaron and RY and Audra took the time to come see us was so nice, it was wonderful...it was the best day ever...
and that is the story of family reunions, snakes, but now I have to go get another cup of coffee...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Haha, the 3rd hill!
Been there once or twice.
Glad you had/are having such a great time with family! Still wish we could have a visit...next time maybe!