Friday 12 November 2010

Thank you

today I opened my email to find one of the most nicest and thoughtful people that I know wrote me. My uncle Laurie...it made my day...thanks for remembering unka flew...


Hi to all of you. Yesterday here in Canada was Remembrance Day for all those who died for our freedom in the wars. Today in Singapore it is Sept. 13th and we remember again Steve going to be with the Lord. And once again I am sure it is a hard day especially for you David and Phyllis and family.

A guest lecturer here in our church this week spoke on the Resurrection and the paramount importance it is to our faith. One thing he did mention was that Paul talks in Phil. 1:23 where he is torn about staying or being with the Lord --and telling us in the Greek I think-- that it really is saying it is better, far better to be with the Lord. Steven has experienced the “far better” part of life in a dimension we can’t comprehend so we are thankful about that but we here of course still feel the loss and his absence yet cling to the hope knowing that the resurrection will one day erase all that pain.

The other day I was reading in John where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead-- but before He went to Bethany to do this He had said to the disciples lets go wake Lazarus up and it reminded me of Corban when we visited Mom’s grave last year and he got that big rock and marched over ready to throw it on the grave proclaiming he was going to wake Oma up—good theology for a little guy.

This is long enough so I will end here. We do love you and trust that the Lord will be your comfort and joy and strength as you re-live some of the many memories that you shared with Stephen today and everyday.

Your brother
Lauren

No comments: