Friday 3 September 2010

first day....again

I hate first days...of anything, but school is even worse...so the night before I didn't sleep..and then I had to catch the bus at 7am...it was late...that was a sign.
I even went to the breakfast to 'mix and mingle'...I hate that kind of thing.

but there I was, awkward and newbie...making first introductions...I did happen to recogize a few faces of girls in previous classes...but this was the first time I had ever talked to them...hated it...they were all really nice...I don't remember any of their names...poop...hate that.

then in orientation the girl right in front of me started crying when she answered a question in the orientation lecture...I think the question was something very innocuous like..."What is a nurse to you?" really hated that...I mean she didn't have to raise her hand...she could have just sat there like me...sitting, not raising my hand...hating the firstness...

so now lets tally up the firsts...

late to meet and greet

first introductions and new people

lists of all the paperwork that is needed to be filled out by the end of next week

crying girl in orientation

long awkward pause as the whole lecture room realizes that said girl is crying...actually more like uncontrollably bawling...right in front of me...wait a second...what if they thought it was me...

buying my first nursing books for this year

buying crests and name tags...I HATE name tags...they are the most rediculous things ever invented...but now I won't have to ask the girls what their names are again...I still hate name tags...so dehumanizing...hello I am a tag...read it and move on...hate it.

finally it ended...

the first day...

later, on my way home, as I was switching buses the bus driver stopped and waited for me as I hobbled towards the bus loaded down with books and other firstness....finally the safety of something I can do...

the bus...
I luv the bus...

No comments: