Saturday 24 July 2010

Vereneke



I would like to thank dream for his unending support and the fact that he owns a mac and loves all things technical. I would like to thank dream's grandparents for providing the farmer sausage that I proceeded to cut all wrong and make look ugly...hence no pictures but what would vereneke be without farmer sausage...I also need to acknowledge the random american 'seminary student's' (who actually aren't seminary students at all we found out over dinner)...my supportive roomy Stefanie who encouraged and appreciated my efforts to create a mennonite meal thanks so much, without your affirmation I would have thrown it all out...also the jam idea totally killed...Raquel, thanks for making the greek salad to add health to an otherwise nutrient non existent meal...to my heritage, without the mennonites commitment to white flour, butter and oil and pork sausage...I would be a different person, these affinities have influenced who I have become...where would I be without vereneke...well, I would hate to even think about that possibility. so thank you menno simon's.
Mostly I would just like to add that it takes a whole community to support my first vereneke making experience...to this community I am forever grateful. Thank you CMU, thank you hosting staff, thank you summer cleaners...

you are all my inspiration....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh my goodness mia! they look delicious! I'm super imprssed!

Ben said...

Wow! That looks incredible. Wish I was there...oh wait! I WAS! XD