Tuesday 15 June 2010

Goodbye Roberto Baggio, Hello Paraguay!

It's the World Cup of goodness this month. That means, on every break and free day i will be watching soccer ( or football). The love of this game has taken over most of my co-workers by storm. Just to name a couple examples, Micha is from Paraguay, Liz has Mexican roots, and I decided to cheer for all the Asian teams (until they play Paraguay)... Japan totally won the other day and that made me happy. I can't just have one team otherwise it wouldn't justify watching as many games as I will, I don't know why this makes sense to me, but it does make me happy. Anyway, yesterday, we were all cheering on Paraguay while they played my favorite team of all time-Italy. italy has held a soft spot with me since I cheered for Roberto Baggio and would wake up at 4am to have mums home made tomatoe soup during the final game. But yesterday it was all Paraguay, who was the underdog by the commentators standards-but what do commentators know-I believe in Paraguay and yesterday they tied Italy, who is a favorite to win the Cup, also Paraguay's goalie is super hot...so go Paraguay...

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Thank goodness you're watching so much of the world cup - it makes up for the blackhole caused by my utter lack of watching it at all.
:)