Tuesday 16 March 2010

Dear Grandma,

Grandma the past few weeks I've missed you. I missed you and thought about your cooking while eating Aunt Netty's homemade buns and sweet and sour meatballs. I thought of you as I worried about family health problems from here to Indonesia. I knew you would worry with me and that was somehow comforting; so i kept worrying and pretending you were worrying with me. I thought of you as I cooked my first batch of chili and how much better it would taste if you had helped me. I thought of how you would give the other person the biggest piece of dessert when I had to share mine the other day. And in honor of you i did give the other person the bigger piece. I even thought of you when i was taking a walk, just randomly, out of the blue...cause that's how much I miss you. Tonight i got a call from Grandpa, he was the first to call and congratulate me on university stuff. And I thought of you, he would have never called me before cause you would have. But here we are missing you and he called me right away. that made me think of you too... but your a happy thought, even when I'm missing you.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Come on!! I'm not even home for 24 hours, and you put something like that up to make me start balling. I miss her too meems. What you wrote was really beautiful.
Ryan