Friday 5 March 2010

Blessings...



the inaugural tea for my christmas tea pot...I brought it to bible study and we had tea together...

Lent is in full swing, winter is slowly giving way here in winnipeg to let some wonderful wet and sunny days in, and midterms are over. Yes, I am officially done my 3 midterms and knowing the marks of 2 of them so fast has alleviated some of my after test anxiety. truly blessed by my physio and stats profs marking things so fast. I only took my physio midterm yesterday and today at lab my prof said we could email him for our marks. Today's lab involved taking our pulse and blood pressure which seemed to suddenly rise as soon as he said the tests were marked. So, yes i emailed and then literally sat there waiting for the message to come back telling my mark...now that i know i understood the first 2 months of class I can gear up for the final in 4 weeks. Which I can't think about right now or I will get anxious again...
Cooking is progressing, I think i have nailed curry so should maybe try some other foods, I am actually finding that cooking is a great distraction for nerves as well as a good study break...kinda weird that I look forward to chopping tomatoes and onions and garlic and ginger. I like chopping everything into their little piles and then putting the piles in one by one...I am working my way up to a stir fry except I am so terrified that i will be a lame, western, imitation stir fry cooker intead of something that tastes alittle like indonesian stir fry...I am so sad I didn't learn to cook some indonesian style dishes, back when i had the chance...
Anyway, so i have been craving muffins lately, and my roomate informs me that she is going to make banana muffins this weekend and also that she is going to make me a batch too...where did that come from. I really have no idea. She is hilariously blunt and usually just tells me what she thinks. So when she informed me that she was making me muffins, i just went with it. And when i told her that I would mention that she made the muffins when i post a picture, she just smiled and said, well if the people who read your blog know much about you, just posting a picture of food won't make them think that you made them anyway...Oh, Courtney (my roomie), it is so true, I don't cook, and everyone knows. But she made me muffins...I am truly blessed. God bless you Courtney!:)
I did cook the curry and tomatoe soup though so there!
I am so blessed by having great people around me, even in the anxiety of school which gets me rattled far too easily, I have been encouraged and blessed. I hope that the blessing cup spills over for you too, in the little moments that string together your day...blessings

2 comments:

mums said...

Am blessed by you! Am off to be with the famous 4 Clarks tomorrow so pray we all do well. Am trusting you will continue to get those amazing marks. Your food looks VERY yummy. Wish I was there.

Kim said...

good food is a good blessing. and your soup sounds wonderful!