Monday 22 February 2010

reading week activites...

here i am, taking another break from studying statistics to blob...
oh, my mum sent me my dishes from singapore...so i will show you some cooking endeavors on my 'new' dishes and Wendy's valentine's cupcake...the whole rice mold thing, i am killing it, I know but I luv it so much...this is curry rice with veggies...
some of the other things included...
wedding dress shopping for the wedding i will be in this summer...I lasted 11 hours and I think only looked tired by the end and not at all grumpy ( 1 point for bridesmaid)...I really wanted Lexi not to rush the decision but she only set aside one day to find 'the dress' so it was do or die...no one died. We were successful. and, thanks to the many practice runs of me having fits or being unreasonable at previous wedding things...for my sister Carissa's wedding i threw a fit about who would sign the registry the night before the wedding, for my friend Tracie's wedding I didn't last 1 hour shopping for dresses and staying in a good mood, and last but defo not least at Kath's wedding I butchered the maid of honor speech and made her sound like barbie-party girl in bible college ( which she was not...I just tried to capture her sense of fun and it came out as...word vomit)...these were the big three, I am sure I must have done something at Andi's and others...I just don't seem to go well with weddings...but Lexi got a very well trained bridesmaid when she picked me so this wedding party i seek redemption for past who-ha's...
I helped out with awana at the church i go to...it is so fun and it has chased away some of my blues of not being able to go back to Africa...it is one of the things I look forward to every week...although i don't get the whole...pledging to awana bits...weird...but fun too
I studied, stressed and studied some more for stats and then got completely run down one day and just watched olympics...that was fun too...
I worked alot, I got some morning shifts and had to be at the store by 7am...meaning i leave the apt by 6:30...It was brutal...who gets up that early? don't answer that, I don't want to know.
But getting to work and being greeted by Itsak was worth it all...he came right up to me and said, "Maria" like he had discovered some long lost family member...that was all he said, but it made that day so nice...also listening to the rhythm of safeway and hearing Itsak never miss a que with, "Now don't forget to sign that autograph" whenever someone handed me a credit card. I don't work with him that often anymore and it was nice to see him again.
now, back to midterms and school stress....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

seriously mia, you are a chef at heart! and bless you for lasting 11 hrs! good luck on your exam tomorrow, you'll do great!

Kim said...

it's those small little moments, like "Maria!" that make my life extra happy! except not if someone thought I was a Maria, cause I'm not.