Monday 11 January 2010

New years resolutions...BOOM!

Ry, You think your camera's are so cool heh?!!!! Well, I have to admit here and now that I did suffer some serious camera intimidation while I was there...if you want to send me some of your nicer pics i would luv to have them...nice jacket..."hey, is that dads?"
I made them pose many times on the couch and took copious amounts of pictures...mostly i just watched them laugh and joke and have fun together...
Christmas brunch...the start of one of the nicest christmas seasons ever!!!!
the loooooooooooooooooong wait to open presents...because first we all recited Luke 2 and I could feel the boys anticipation of getting to the presents and also the eternity of waiting that 16 verses is when your 3...
This is how I was viewed by my sisters 4rth child...this look never left his face unless he had mum around. I tried my hardest to win him over but all i got was this...*sigh*

okay, on to the post...
I resolved to cook an actual meal once a week this year...I started yesterday...I set the smoke detector off...I was frying bacon because *sigh* I wanted to start with something easy and needed bacon for a salad...thankfully the fire alarm didn't go off, but as i was madly waving oven mitts in front of the smoke detector, I was also picturing how I would look, explaining to the firecrew that I had just been making a salad...this year is looking a bit demoralizing...

Also i still want to run a half marathon, but after Christmas hols I am down to 2 miles on the treadmill...

thats about it really, only 2 big goals...morale is alittle low...I got my grades back today and B seems to be my lot in life *sigh* the probability of going to Japan or Korea to teach english is becoming more and more serious to me as the plan for next year. Nursing is looking like it has to wait another year for multiple reasons that seem super important right now...bahhhhhh the other thing I kinda had to face as last year ended was learning to be realistic with what I want to accomplish this year and what I've already committed to in my day to day life. They don't match up so much all the time. *sigh*

Random, Another great quote from the hols was from Steve Davis, said something about 'being very aware of his social energy' and can I just say, I think I had a bit of a light bulb moment...it was all of a sudden like someone described exactly how i feel in certain situations...and can i just add that if there is no reserves in the social energy tank...it's just not happening, there is nothing sometimes and so i just have to be 'by self' as Dad would say...

1 comment:

Kim said...

i applaud your cooking efforts. (do you watch the office? you could be the fire guy!)
sorry your schooling seems even more delayed! are you actually thinking of doing ESL in asia??