Tuesday 29 December 2009

there was no poop

some people don't like to poop; it runs in my family...my nephew carries on this tradition with a zeal that grows quite uncomfortable...for him...
today started it out with much crying and the burning desire...poor little guy...so while his mother was dealing with his younger brother and making lunch I took a turn at sitting in the bathroom and reading books with the poopless wonder.
I decided on Horton Hatches the Egg thinking that somehow this would result in a similar hatching and subsequent rejoicing in the miller house...not a bird but some poop would be nice...
so we read and talked and chatted and then he decided quite definitely that he did not want to poop and didn't want to try anymore either...so then I decided to use my vast knowledge recently aquired in intense schooling to convince him that he really did want to poop.
I started by saying you have to get rid of food to put more food in, if you poop you can eat more...so you need to poop...thats why everybody poops...even me...then I asked him if he wanted to eat...thought that this was definitely working, I am a genius...1 point for me.
then he calmly replied, "but I don't want to eat poop" and that was that...5 points for him. no poop in the toilet and my nursing skills suffered their first (of many) humiliating defeats...
still no poop as of yet...
but he's got his mum now and there is defo some action going on...poor little guy...

1 comment:

Audra said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha....
Tears (of laughter)