Saturday 10 October 2009

# 246

a title for each post is pretty much the key in actually writing a good post...so here's to post 246...may it be a gooder...

there is a whole lot of white stuff on the ground outside...that is a whole lot of ugly I just don't want to deal with right now

I worked at safeway the past two nights...getting to know the guys that I work with alot...they are all so cute...and so young...Amir lent me a $ cause I bought my thanksgiving day dinner and he took pity on me...I only had 6 bucks....basically I really do feel abit of the cashier love coming over me again...the corny jokes...the lame produce codes...bulk carrots are 4562 and seriously people...why do you buy one carrot when you can buy a bag...for real...your killing me! Also there was an older gentlman who came thru with his cane and I asked him if he wanted to donate to breast cancer and he said yes, a dollar....so I said, well sir for 2 dollars you get 5 bonus air miles...and he laughed and said ok and then said I was as good as a used car salesman...and I laughed and told him I was hoping that was a compliment...and we both laughed and then he said, I would be very honored to buy a car from you...and it just made me smile the rest of the night...who says they would be honored about anything any more...
OH, then a lady told me I had AMAZING hair....can't you just see this lady ogling my hair...and vain little me started fliping and turning my head the rest of the shift until i realized I was giving myself a crick in the neck and I should just not be so vain...

in other news my cousins introduced me to chocolate covered jujubes...can I just say...props to Bev and Brenda these are going to get me thru the paper of death....I have officially reached 2 pages...2 more to go...psychsocial theories of lifespan development...yes, it is as stimulating as it sounds...

My bro in law Leigh called me 5 times last night just to talk to me...he actually kept calling ...I was at work so I answered when I got home and later thought, that was the nicest thing anyone could ever give me for this thanksgiving...we chatted and then i chatted with both my sisters and it was just the perfect end to a day of blowing snow storms and work....

does anyone remember in 'you've got mail' the whole Rose the cashier incident...'swipe, swipe' and 'happy thankgibbing'...it was all I could do to stop myself from turning into Rose and wish everyone a happy thanksgibbing...

I took three tests this week in school and am anxious about the results...so off I go to quench it with some chocolate jujubes...

happy thanksgibbing and may God bless us everyone... ( ok so I am jumping ahead a little...but you try looking outside my window...)

4 comments:

mums said...

Can I just say Happy Thanksgibbing back at you - we'll be with Jan and Henry and will try and call you so we can chat 'in person'. Stay warm and miss you. Great post. Love you so much.

Lola said...

Thank Yor Maria for that fabulous post.

"the Horn, the horn, it sounds so forlorn"

Kim said...

i'm smiling :)

Alexandra Michel said...

why this post made me cry... I don't know but it did!! i just love you so much and "ah...rose... that is a lovely name..."