Sunday 19 July 2009

For the faithful Leigh

He doesn't talk and he doesn't walk...he dolphin's across the floors...everything he does is that much different from all the kids around him and I luv him for it. Already a toddler but so far behind, except for the sparkle in his eye. Even when he is playing with the kids he is off on his own entertaining himself and swimming across the floor, only occasionally resting his head on another kid's body if they happen to be lying down in front of him...but he is very independant.
I know that he gets cold after baths right away because he has no fat on his body, I know that he likes to hold your fingers when you give him a bottle, I know that he rolls over on the change mat to watch what your doing as you get clothes and nappies organized. And I know that when he raises his hands and flicks his fingers at you it means sing me 'Twinkle, Twinkle" and so we sing, sometimes he sort of hums the tune, but mostly I sing and sing and sing and he won't take any other song, I've tried...he just flicks his fingers and I know...
He lets me hold him when he's sad, he cuddles great when he's tired, but he also spits...today was like the marathon of spitting, and I am so tired of fighting with him over his spitting, I am sure I have half a bottle of milk on my face...but at the end of the day as I get him ready for bed, it is twinkle, twinkle and cuddles and sweet faces and kisses, goodnite my prince...I luv you little man...

No comments: