Saturday 2 May 2009

Happy Birthday

do you remember when you used to buy me double stuffed oreo's and watch me eat pretty much the whole bag all by myself...I am still amazed that you bought me free goodies all the time and then let me eat them all too...you didn't even need to share them with me. I luv you for that:) And the fact that you cook snacks I like when i come visit you...last time it was biscotti. Oh my word the best biscotti ever!!!! Sometimes i dream of copi tarik with biscotti and miss you. And chai's, although we haven't had a chai and chat for a long time. Right now I am drinking instant flavored coffee, I know, member the french vanilla and mocha:)
It's not that I think of you and think of food, it's just that so many little things in my life bring a memory with you attached...from having my hair curled to putting on my make-up to certain foods and books and movies....ever after...for awhile I thought it would be forever watching ever after...as in we would never move on to another movie. And then there was the Pelican brief. seriously I still do not understand how you could watch that one over and over and over.
Peppernuts!!!! need I say more:)
feeling like the outcasts at wajuk hulu high school, no matter how much of a lame-o I felt like there, I always knew that even you felt you weren't quite good enough and your amazing so I just tried to keep my head up...after all, you were my big sister...and then feeling like a reject at prairie, in three hills...in college and careers:) I am so glad we aren't there anymore...oh my word, I think both our heads are in better places...
lately i realized I have so many memories but really haven't made too many recent moments...I am suffering from a drought of your company:) I live in a desert and am parched for you:) sometimes when I think things they sound deep and kinda cool and then when I write them they look silly and lame...but I hope you laughed at that one...anyway...
so I thought for your gift this year I am giving you back your song...it encouraged and inspired me but I want to share it with you again and make it another moment, a moment of waves crashing the sand and rain pouring down like blessings... I want you to go to your ocean and dance...or just sing...but I hope you dance...I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean, whenever one door closes, I hope one door opens, and promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance and when you have a chance to sit it out...I hope you dance...
happy birthday...now go put on your stereo and crank the volume and grab one of your many children and dance:)

No comments: