Friday 20 February 2009

All the girls

thought i'd just write about my floor since I really like the girls and am enjoying this whole go round with dorm life and cafeteria food...can i just say, thank the Lord for Ted, I luv it that someone cooks three meals a day and all I have to do is eat whats on my plate...tonight was ribs and cheesecake...seriously I am enjoying dorm food...kinda lame but my cooking consisted of...well, not cooking so this is like a party in my mouth...
Anyway, I live on the party, freshmen floor. We have slowly gotten to know eachother and I have roomates set up for the summer and fall already.
Courtney has been my friend from the beginning, she has early sings of MS and I guess it runs in her family. We work out together sometimes and basically hang the most I guess...she is my grey's partner:) None of her family is saved, but she is pretty amazing and grounded in her faith.
Lexi will be my roomate this summer, grew up in Holland and has life by the tale...for real...she is a smart cookie and I enjoy our deep thoughts and convo's....basically she reads philosophy books for fun (even though she's in psychology and doesn't have time to read other big intense books...yet there she is reading philosophy)
Jen is our RA, she just kinda stepped into the role this semester, because the previous girl had too heavy of a course load...Jen is the equivalent to 'princess prairie' yes, I know some of you know what that is...basically sometimes I see her working out when I get to the gym and I just want to sink thru the floor...there she is in lulu lemon and kicking butt with her ab routine and I am in my costco sweats and tee and thinking, I am so lame for noticing that she is wearing lulu lemon...anyway, she is super nice and just down to earth and fun, but yet perfect...basically I am intimidated but when am I ever not...
Nina, shared her testimony the first week i was here, is not a 'christian' and basically came right out and said that, was raised by her grandma and hasn't seen her mother (who has another family IN winnipeg) since she was 12 or something...Nina sent me a valentine...she is great.
Genvieve, the friendliest, most outgoing and very inclusive of people...she kinda hangs out with and knows everyone...I luv saying her name, I asked her if she minded me saying the whole thing, since most girls call her 'Jen' but she said she likes hearing her whole name too...and I like saying it...she is a ballerina and we go to St Margaret's together...
Rachelle is my next door neighbor, she is the 4.5 grade point average always studying and piano genius...her dad was diagnosed with rectal cancer and just had surgery for it this past week...apparently they are hopeful it was contained but the surgery was more complicated than originally thought...she didn't tell the floor about his cancer for 3 months...she is just shy and intense and quiet...she and I both like the Gaither's...her new fav song of theirs is "O luv that will not let me go...
Rachel is Rachelle's roomate (yeah, who planned that, seriously!) she is new this semester as well and brought her boyfriend Tanner...so he is always around, and he has the corniest sense of humor ever...it is so lame seriously, i am always impressed at how amazingly un funny he can be...but she laughs every time...it is so weird...don't get me wrong they are great, and Tanner is friendly but seriously, his jokes are soooo bad...
Josie is my other neighbor, she only makes friends with boys...they are in her room alot, hence we don't talk that much or know each other that well...but I've gotta say she is cool, cause she let one of the boys cut her hair...just on a whim...kinda crazy but I like that...
Judy, Lisa and Amanda are all never around that much, i think they have jobs...they are all very fun and Lisa has amazing hair...
Carolyn, Leah, Amanda (barbie) Denae and sometimes Jen (another Jen) are all the beautiful crazy and funny ones...sounds like they have it all but I think their friendships with eachother are fun to watch and they definitely feed off eachother and provide a much needed zest to the floor
Roccio is from mexico and this exotic beauty who sings and is in the musical west side story-the school is putting on in march...can't wait to go see her in it, she loves musicians, I think she liked this guy who is an organ player ( I know what your thinking but he looks like justin timberlake) she took lessons...and we all know what that means...taking organ lessons, yah, right...
last but not least is bethany, who shared her testimony last week...she is a preachers daughter and wants to go into social work but part of her testimony was how important rugby was to her life...that made me laugh...she is a sports girl and I guess rugby is her favorite...
so these are the people in my life...I am so happy to have gotten the chance to meet them and learn abit about who they are...so yeah, thats first floor poetker...

No comments: