Wednesday 22 October 2008

be sure your sins will find you out

those words have haunted me all my life...the sunday school teacher whispering it before a closing prayer inviting confession...the christian organization who implores you to 'come clean' because only clean tools can work in dirt...ironically...i guess if you know you are 'clean' then while you are working you can point the finger explaining that you are clean...the dirt is someone elses...you are a pure tool of God and there is no dirt on you...
well, I've been the 'tool' in the modern slang sense of the word...
it took me 26 years to admit the dirt, and now I don't know
but I am in Kalispell getting ready for the wedding of the ages:) and having marriage talks galore...another irony...
but i read a good book lately and today i chose to live in the shalom of God...which is much more than peace, it's the covering, the fullness of Him and this dirty tool can choose that today.
this makes no sense to most people but neither does my life right now...what can i say I am just a tool...

1 comment:

mums said...

As someone once said in a famous movie: "I'm a lily". I'm glad you're still a tool in the Father's hand - always have been and always will be. Love you so much.