Sunday 3 February 2008

life

This week I worked at the hospital alot. There is one patient who always makes me laugh. She must be about 80 and has dementia but she is a hoot. One day I walked in to give her new water and she promptly informed me that she would like lemon in that. And chlorophyl as well. I told her I would see what I could do and walked out laughing. Today I went in to see how she was handling and she promptly informed me that I had missed her strip tease! And then she asked if I knew what that meant! I told her I did, and began to pick up the laundry that was strewn around the room. I couldn't help laughing and she asked me what was so funny....seriously...
She always has something to say, breakfast made her feel like 10 sheets to the wind...(I have no idea what that means!)
And bath time is especially funny, she refused to get in the tub because she said it wasn't the one she remembered using last time...but it was the same tub! But she kept saying she remembered a different one and then said that it must be the one in the morge; and we all agreed she wasn't ready for that one yet so she did finally get into the tub. The only tub.
so thats work, and I am enjoying it.

1 comment: