Thursday 24 January 2008

life is full of things you never thought you'd do and then you did them and it wasn't so bad...

yesterday I cooked a placenta...I will fill u in on that epic drama once the pictures are ready...hehehe...yes you will see so much more than you ever wanted! The pictures are all thanks to Tama Huth who was the only person in the house excited to see a placenta.
Anyway,
Devotions...yup, there going...off and on to be honest but this week it has been back to the old testament cause I needed to read about people making huge mistakes and being turned into princesses and walking across deserts and killing bad people...the old testament...good times...
Anyway, this week...Samuel and the story of Saul...I decided to put it completely into my own 'present' circumstances (this blog is all about me if you hadn't noticed yet...)
So the Isrealites have come thru a really rough period of being under judges and priest and only lasting as long as the lifetime of a good judge/priest before falling into the hands of evil neighbors who's name usually ends in -kites or -stines...evil people...and then it's this cycle that they can't break out of so they ask for a king...cause everyone else has a king and so they think that, that is what will solve this cycle of doom...a royal lineage...and Saul was tall and handsome and young and he definitely looked the part...
so back to me:)
I was just thinking that I get into these weird life patterns..where I can't figure out what to do next and I want to latch on to...a tall dark and handsome man...and the whole family lineage thing...but it's useless because really I have God and I don't need a family lineage...why trade God for a man I say...
so today as I walked from work and then as I walked around town doing errands...every once in a while I said to myself..."I don't want Saul" it helped...
and when there were cute electricians at the hospital installing a new buzzer system I kept saying..."I don't want Saul; I have God"
and that is really my life right now...just being happy with God and trying to take advantage of time with him cause who really knows the future...my future is a complete mystery...but I still don't want Saul...and I really do want more of God.
stay tunes for Maria's special placenta ala mode:)

No comments: