Friday 2 November 2007

terrible no good, very bad day...turned miraculously upside down and makes you laugh

ok, so I had the dreams and went to work and it was an 11 hour day of subs and driving with my boss, who as always, still intimidates me.
then at 8am I realize I have lost my ring and start to get this icky feeling that it's gone welling up...I check the trash, my boss checks the trash (which was very nice of him), we check the floors-nothing, and even though just cause you lose your chastity ring nothing has changes, still I kinda felt like I had lost my chast-ness without that little ring...the promise is lost and I am no longer pure...ok, so basically I was alittle melodramatic that day...
then i get home and everything falls apart and my parents skype and i cried and of course Dad is like, I'll get you a new one...but how can you replace chastity, once it's gone it's gone, i say....
and then i got up at 6am to go to work yesterday and I miraculously found my ring on my bathroon sink soap holder...I am chaste again!
but then i had to tell my boss in such a way that he would laugh and not get angry that I made him go thru the trash...seriously a huge dilemma, but my co-workers helped me out as I yelled I found the ring and ducked into the fridge at work, Jenn explained how miraculous and funny this whole experience was...and he laughed I guess, i don't really know, I was in the fridge...
okay so life is miraculous but now I don't get a new ring...too bad....

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

And you didn't even have to move to Australia! I love that book! Must get another copy. Seriously, we are praying for you during these not-so-great days. Your parents brought us up to date last night. You know we are related to your boss, right? Maybe you could regale him with stories of your "uncle" during those drives to Olds. But he doesn't know us very well, so be kind! :)

Kim said...

i'm very dissapointed mia - unchaste! tsk tsk!
but then rechaste - did you go to confession? -K

Lindsey said...

yeah! i can totally picture you with your head in the fridge...it makes me laugh!