Saturday 22 September 2007

You know your in three hills when...

you get home and attend a funeral and a prairie bible college event in one week...

Auntie Hertha Lewis died. Her brothers sang with my grandpa in Germany for many years, and I kissed her grandson-or rather he kissed me-and I literally washed my mouth out with soap afterwards...I can't believe I just remembered that. It was on choir tour and it was NOT my fault; apparently it wasn't his either cause he was dared to kiss me on the cheek and I turned at the 'last second'...or so the story goes. I just want you to know that I was the innocent victim in all this and sanctuary's and dare's and witnesses can be quite traumatic...not to mention the soap!
but thats not the reason for this blog. I just liked hearing about her life. She had triplets and they were born early and at home and they didn't survive...James, Joan and John. I didn't know that about her; sometimes I remember that God has the best view of people. He knows all our moments and details and doesn't have to go to a funeral to find out about us.
Right now we are playing empire builders; where you lay railroad track across the America's...right now me and mum are stuck in Juarez so I'd better go help her out...

No comments: