Friday 17 August 2007

sitting in an airport

in jakarta, we will be sitting here for the next 5 hours or so...can't tell you how much fun it is to sit, and sit, and sit...
and then get up and drag you luggage from here to the 'little room' (thats what they call it in indonesian) and drag it back.
traveling is not glamorous any more...my mum used to give me graval to knock me out for our long flights cause I would stay awake if there was TV on anywhere (still do) ...now I am too old to get knocked out and strollered around...to bad.
so I'm just sitting, kinda feels like labor watching...except no ones' in pain...their is no promise of a baby...and I don't get to see a placenta...
but their is an exciting take off and landing and I do get to fly...
I wonder if anyone has ever tried a flying birth? as opposed to a waterbirth? or a homebirth? i mean you have great things to help cope with the pain...clouds,an aisle, endless supplies of juice and soft drinks...pretzels...the only think would be the uniforms...I can't see a stewardess being able to move in awkward positions in their little skirts and suit jackets...okay so i am going to keep sitting here and mull over the finer points of a birth plane...the new air birth...stork jet...flying babies...air buntis...

2 comments:

Kim said...

air buntis. for sure!

hadassah said...

hahahahaha