Friday 11 May 2007

mums

I was going to just use a picture and not say anything...kinda like a picture is worth a thousand words. But couldn't get the right one and maybe my perfectionist side is coming out but now i must write.
Here I am, a midwife workin with a lot of first time mums. And multipara's (women who have had more than 2 children), thats YOU mums. I relive the experience of meeting that new face for the very first time. Of meeting the person who will cry for you for the next two years straight, wet the bed for the next 2, make messes for you to clean up, give you their garbage, and play with your make-up...and call you when their broke.
So here's to all mothers, there is something indescribably powerful about watching a women laboring and with her own strenth bringing that little babe's into a world full of promises. promises of life, expectations, relationships and hope.
But...maybe labor doesn't end with birth, maybe kids make their mum labor thru ups and downs, and all the possibilities of what they could be...where they are going...
And as a midwife ( I just study about all this and apparently know what to do) I just want to say to my mums, Kaya mu yan...You can do it.
Keep laboring, cause your pro and doing an amazing job...sure we may have to break the waters and maybe induce some action but your doing great. Keep praying, keep taking deep breaths...drink lots of water and don't forget to pee. Cause life is pain but birth is worth it all...thanks for letting me out mums!

4 comments:

mums said...

Dear My Mia: This is the third time I've tried to post. Have now had to change everything and start new! Who does that remind you of. Yes, us daughters often end up looking a lot like our mothers. So mom, if you read this, I love you so very much and yes, computers are sometimes very hard to deal with!!
And Maria, your post made me smile. In delivering you not only did I get my third and precious daughter, but the doctor said it was the easiest delivery he had seen in 20 years. So that part was actually not bad - now home schooling on the other hand was a definite "laboring" experience. Yes, we labor on and some days it is really "by faith" in all God's wonderful promises. Thanks for making my labor so easy and my life so rich - remember, Soon, but not yet. So we labor on!
Love, Mums

lo said...

maria.... good words:).
just wanted to make sure you got my email about your address... so i can send these books from your sisters your way! i am sure you are busy and life is SO wonderfully full!
whenever you have the time you can send your address this way and i will send the books yours!
happy mothers day;)!
lois

Kim said...

very nice miss mia - you're all over this bloggy thing! i'm glad you decided to venture down this road!
kaya mu yan! -K

Kayla said...

Mia, Love it, love you and love reading you blog. Way to capture motherhood in a wonderfully true way. Mum are so great, I am particularly thankful for them ,because with out them we would be out of a job or be here or be the amazing people they have broght us up to be! Now I realize I'm not yet a mom, but my ovaries where encouraged as a read this! And I want to stop now because people that do not realize I am a midwife student, using midwife talk and am board sitting in the A. Boni house are just going to think I am crazy, which I just might be.