Monday 7 May 2007

mums...

k so i got to thinking that maybe I should start preping for a big mother's day post extravaganza...being as I am a midwife and really promote that kinda thing and thought I'd probably have a brain fart when the actual moment comes so then i thought I would start with the women who have been influencial in my life...

Grandma's....
I have two. they are cool...no this is not a poem!

Tons of fun
Incredibly funny
Nice pants grandma:)
Advise
Killer cinnamon buns and coffee
Attitude
Your always ready with a smile and a hug.


Desires God
Always encouraging
Righteous
Longsuffering
Entertaining
Never stops praying
Everytime we visit has, amazing food, and seaworld and your house smells so good...even the bathroom...

my sisters have also gotten to be mothers and they are pretty spectacular at it...my mum of course being a great example to them...but here are some thoughts on motherly advise...that my mum has given which proves to be some of the most influential in my life.

never do math in pen....

always put the toilet seat down...well not me...but my bro learned pretty quick.

don't wear too much lipstick...

lets play a game...

sickness is all in your head... (which has proven to be very true since they found that blood pressure problems probably start in your brain!)

there will always be issues...stop talking and start dealing!

do some laundry...

why worry? When you can...not worry. (sounds simple but this is a biggie)

1 comment:

Kim said...

i'm glad she taught you about laundry. it was a good deal for me!!! -K