Tuesday 17 April 2007

moving and alittle ranting

So, I am moving with my roomie Alex to a clinic on the other side of Metro Manila. Tuesday is the big day. We are hoping to help Gerlene paint her clinic before then and there are two ladies whom I have been doing prenatals on that are due any day. Actually they were due the other day but nothing has happened yet. I dreamt that the babies came last nite-so fast there was no time to call me.
So I am packing. I've moved alot lately so I'm pretty pro at it.
Doing laundry.
It has been stressful cause good-byes are not a strong point for me. All these women who watched me just come and go and they probably think i like breezing in and breezing out. I'd rather just wave from a distance and then be done-no rehash, no how's life back at the ranch, no periferals just good-bye. all this messiness of hello and good bye thru life is a bit of a gong show. why can't things be straightforward.
Anyway, enough, I am slowly gaining back my voice. i am going to visit the parentals on the 26th...hurray...also my sis and her fam will be there enroute to Canadia.
So maybe after a holiday with the folks, alittle tlc from the munchkins and Dad making (and bringing:) me coffee for 4 mornings it will be worth another hello/good-bye experience.
Seriously though, it's not as easy as it sounds...good-bye's are about ending things....I am not into endings...thats why i got into midwifery...beginnings are more 'in the moment', 'exciting', they have potential...goodbye's are baggage, messy, awkward (as in do i really have to hug somebody I've only known for a sum total of three days just to say good-bye?) and could happen over and over again with the same people. So it's a rythmn of messy baggage and hugging people you don't know. Why do I subject myself to this? Why am I subjecting you to this? I would have to say that in both cases I don't know.

No comments: