Wednesday 13 February 2013

the soundtrack for the past few years

First year of nursing school when I was still trying to get in....well I went back to the 80's and early 90's...

Tina Turner
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
The Pointer Sisters
alittle Aha
Micheal Jackson
Weezer
Toto
Keith Green
and some 70's Simon and Garfunkle
and of course chicago...do not know why I love that group so much but literally chicago has always been something I will listen to....super ashamed. but yeah...release it....:)

Then in Second year I decided to get alittle more currant with some Adele, Killers, Brandon Flowers, The Fray and Snow Patrol, Mika, Robyn, Sonic Flood but still Chicago reared it's ugly head and all things glee oh and...alot of classical music....Rachmoninov and Debussy being some of my ultimate favorites but I do like Wagner, Liszt and Schubert too...but I really do like Rachmoninov....
I think at this point I thought I was getting smarter and could actually become a really amazing student...

Enter 3rd year...not a great year for grades...but a great year for much even musically....I discovered Ellie Goulding, and Bassment Jaxx has a remix for everything....ps when your writing papers and memorizing...you don't need alot of depth....just beat...so enter new favorite song Adele's cold shoulder remix....but for some reason during this time I had to go back...I had missed out on the whole U2 craze...but this was when I became an official U2 junkie...and CBC radio one...or is it two...well anyway I played it and listened to all the eclectic music it offered. Oh and Fun....on repeat....lots of repeat

And now...year four...I am not quite sure what I listen to anymore...but today I was feeling well...ragey...and well...on went the u2....Where the streets have no name....empty ragey thoughts of hate toward all things school...and now I am bawling...to end off with alittle soothing liszt so I can actually study and go to clinical ....not crying...why do I cry you may ask...because. thats my answer.

No comments: