Thursday 29 November 2012

prosaic

I was reading a news article in class and came across the term prosaic; the article was about the phone hacking scandle in England and how it brought down an empire but then adding after all the events which lead putting news media on trial...the truth was probably more procaic than all the sensational happenings that have come out of it.

Prosaic.

I looked it up. It means dull, ordinary.

One tiny little word changed the whole article.

Mostly I felt stupid cause I actually had no idea what prosaic meant, I luv the word prosaic. Saying it. It has such a pretty sound, like mosaic ( which is so not a dull word) and comes from the root prose...which, lets face it people...words have infinite possibilities to excite, calm, inspire, comfort, and what is prosaic about that!


No comments: