Friday 17 February 2012

this moment

this week was FULL of moments...the one where I sat down to take my test, read the first page and wondered, did i go to this class? did I read this textbook?...the one where I stared at the IV pump flashing 'downward occlusion, downward occlusion' stared at my patient, then back at the pump, back at the patient..."maybe you should check the tubing"...right. nice. some people can be a student without looking dumb, I am not one of those people.
there was the moment I accidentally made a really, really crude joke, right in front of my clinical instructor who started laughing so hard they couldn't talk for awhile...then I had to keep apologizing after realizing how it sounded, which brought it up again and again causing laughter...again and again...very un-professional.
the moment I decided to go to sleep and my dad called, then my roomate started singing a song for her fiance, she had also been practising the past couple of nights leading up to this and then...at 11 last night decided was time for singing...
and now, another roomate has fallen in love with meatloafs "I would do anything for love" so I hear that on replay...all day, until she goes to sleep...
and now, there is the moment where I realize it will all change soon, my roomates are leaving me in a couple months, I have no summer subletters so far, and have no idea what/where I am living in the fall...so I am having a little me moment
such is life...in this moment.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You could come be a live in nanny for me this summer! AND my doula!! ;)
We probably couldn't pay you much but we'd feed you!!!

middie said...

jen...ur the best...i am dyin to see a birth...i even asked all my coworkers if i could come to their births...they said i was crazy