Monday 26 December 2011

my role

today is our christmas dinner...I decided to take the day off...and didn't even use my nose to smell...mum has been slaving away on turkey dinner all day and I basically...um...did the usual...I slept. Well, actually I went for a walk and exercise this morning with dad and as we were coming home he kept saying we had done a good walk and wasn't it nice to accomplish something so early in the day. I hummed my agreement and went back to bed...then mum and dad's friends took us for a Peking Duck feast...I feasted...then I came back home and went to bed...again. Mum had sweet potatoes, punkin pie, jello, turkey going all afternoon...I slept. I woke up briefly and asked for coffee...it magically appeared. Then the potatoes burnt...poor mum, she has no proper kitchen so she has been cooking a turkey dinner on two floor and running three flights of stairs all day...and I didn't even use my nose to help with the potatoes...our guests had an open bottle of wine in the kitchen...in order to make amends for my behaviour all day...I grabbed a glass, poured in a generous amount...and offered it to mum...she had just scraped out the potatoes of the pot and was not in a very happy mood...she accepted my apology...and from then on I followed her around with a glass and 'helped'...she cut the turkey, I held the glass to her mouth...here mum...sometimes when none of the capable sisters are around I have to think of creative ways to offer my help...cause I ain't no cook...anyway...poor mum, poor potatoes...I need to go now...work is calling...mum, mum, I'm coming:)

No comments: