Friday 8 August 2008

Stroke

My grandma had a stroke on wednesday. She has lost control of her left side. It is not sudden but at the smae time hard to comprehend and adjust too; mostly it's sad. All of a sudden I am remembering this matriarch who works so hard and keeps everyone together and now I know she has to take it easy and learn to relax. My sister says that that is the key word for most of us, relaxing, her son learned how to ride a bike by relaxing. And I am apparently supposed to learn this and life will unfold with surprising swiftness if I can only learn to relax. I can't help but think that my Grandma has made her life work quite well by not actually ever learning to relax. She has worked and suprised us all with her zest for life as she has aged and I can't help but feel that she has it in her to surprise us again. After all she is the matriarch and she knows that she is needed. So I say, do not go into that goodnite, fight, fight!!!!
I just wish I could get some time off to see her. Hopefully soon.
But right now I am at work, and the phone is ringing, I will just let them relax for a bit:)
kidding...

No comments: