Sunday 2 December 2007

unexpected discoveries....

so, have you ever just told God that he needed to give you a sign or speak into your life audibly or put up a neon sign outside your window or something-right now-cause you were that in need of a sign.
Well, this week I have been going thru a 'what am I doing with my life?' week. And I felt like I couldn't pull myself up and just devotions my way out of the issue! I needed some help. So I kinda prayed that God would use the Holy Spirit to speak truth into my life cause sometimes my internal pastor (you know that little voice that has to give pep talks, dating advise, and also nags at you to check your fly before you get on stage...) takes a holiday and 'he' needs supernatural convincing to get back to work and speak the truth into my wayword little heart.
Then came sunday. Today.
I got invited to the missions ministers house for lunch and he talked about God's sovereignty. I told him at this point I have no idea what comes next and instead of laughing it off with me or pitying me, he very sincerely said, "well, isn't it great that God does."
and although that shouldn't be a knew thought, since my internal pastor had left me for some time I just kinda sat back and let that one truth sink in.
God knows exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow, 5 years from now and ten after that too...
and all of a sudden the fact that I had no clue about tomorrow or the day after that doesn't look like such a big deal anymore.
He also shared about Psalm 139, where it talks about the fact that we can't even count how many thoughts God has towards us each day. And these thought are good thoughts, wonderful thoughts. So I'm thankful for missions ministers today. and I think with some more prayer and convinsing I might be able to get that internal pastor to keep helping me focus on the truth and not doubt in lies and confusion that He who began a good work...He already knows the end of the story.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hello darling! Hmm, funny thing. We are kinda at the same spot in life. What are we doing and where are we going?!?! So thanks for your blog - I'm going to go read Psalm 139 right away!
Hey - I need your address there in 3 Hills. :) Love ya! your 'accountability partner'! J

Suzette said...

love you!