Thursday 8 November 2007

Eeyore

So the thing is, that mums was trying to tell me that some motivational speaker was sharing about his life and that one day he had to make a choice, was he going to be a tigger or was he going to be an Eeyore...this presumably so I would then share in that epiphany as well...
my response maybe gives this whole blob away but, in Winnie the Pooh stories not everyone is Tigger, there are Ru's and rabbits and piglets and yes, Eeyores too. Not everyone can be a tigger, some are Eeyore's...likewise in reality not everyone can be that tiggeresque bubbly person.
And in the 12 step program to 'know oneself' denial is not the first step to inward honesty. Tell yourself the truth and step up to the Oprah self help challenge and as popular culture would have it, BE your own individual...which in some cases would be an Eeyore. And a truthful Eeyore is much better than a lying Eeyore...because we all know that Eeyore has enough to deal with, without being a liar.
So if you don't look like a tigger, act like a tigger or bounce, why kid yourself. Your not a tigger and maybe, heaven forbid, you might be an Eeyore.
I think mums gave up at this point.
But then again I think it will come up again in other 'talks' as maybe a flower vs a weed; or a doer vs a whiner; or a Ranch vs an Enns...or she might just resort to calling me Ms Hannigan (from Annie) and I'll probably smile.
but here it is, I am an Eeyore...and now I'm 11 steps away from helping myself be...helped...

2 comments:

Kim said...

maybe its just the cabin fever getting to you?

Kayla said...

Eeyore may lose his tail but he definately keeps his head on strait.