Sunday 8 July 2007

laundry anyone?

so lately i have been making some big decisions and realizing that i have an even larger load of work ahead of me if i want to do all that I want to do...
I have decided to go to Indonesia for a few weeks in august to tour a hospital there and also see everyone that I haven't seen for over 10 years...yes, I can officially say things like that cause I'm old...a decade has past and I guess if time heals, or distances us, or you know; does whatever it does...I should be able to go back and have fun thinking about all the people and places that meant so much to me...a life-time ago.
Because I am going for afew weeks it just seems like a good time to end off my time here with mercy in action and finish my school requirements as well as push thru all the mounds of paperwork needed to get straightened out to finish. Paperwork and Organization are the top two words on Maria's-most-heinous-words list. Thanks for buying me the Spiritual disciplines book dad, but is it a spiritual discipline to work on it at the expense of being responsible? Kidding Dad, I'm still not spiritual or responsible...
Experience-wise, I can't believe that in 6 months i will have gone to over 60 births as an assistant or primary student midwife as well as hundreds of prenatals and even some ordinary check-ups on the not pregnant population.
I know how to take blood pressure, I know that a woman's hemoglobin levels can dip at 28 weeks gestation cause thats when the fluid in her body reaches an all time high proportion compared to her red blood cells...or something:) Still needing to study up to take my exam in August of next year.
Currently, I am doing laundry to deal with some of the stress of trying to be responsible and organized. But I'm also getting contacts back home to try and see birth in a first-world setting. I have been emailing people that I don't even know very well to ask favors of them...which is something I don't do very gracefully...but I am finding that midwifery is full of making opportunities and trying my hardest and putting myself out there. Even when no one writes back. There is still along haul before exams next year but I still have alot to do. and study.
Plans are to go to Indo. for august. Hang out in singapore studying and randomly emailing more strangers...and trying to make some contacts while waiting for my airmiles ticket October 14th...then on to Canada...the land of space and no traffic and hot cider and andi's basement maybe even IGA (haha)...only if Simone's still there...I'm stoked.
I wouldn't be able to make these decisions if I didn't know that friends and family were interested and still going to luv me even with all the changes and crazy schedules...and your prayers are much appreciated.
My sis, tris, gave me a song to encourage me thru all this...so thanks tris, I bought the CD and i lie down on the floor and listen to the rain and put on your song...
I will bless the Lord forever,
I will trust Him at all times,
He has delivered me from all my fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I'll will not be moved, I'll say of the Lord

You are my Sheild, my Strength, my Portion, Deliverer
my Shelter, Strong Tower, my very present help in time of need

Whom have I in heaven but you
There is none I desire but you
You have made me glad

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey you! How long are you planning on being in Canada? Long term? Short term? Hey we found out we are pregnant again :) Only 9 weeks but very excited! Take care! Hope everything goes well on your mini 'trip' :)

Lindsey said...

i miss my beautiful laundry girl...heaven's to betsy i need to do laundry!

Kayla said...

Confession... Mia in the past I we see these long post of yours and think noway I am reading that much where are all the pictures? But now I know there wil be something amazing in the post something to make me laugh and smile. It is worth every minute ( I am a slow reader)! Now I am going to have to back track on the old post cuz I missed out on so much. Love you so Much!

Kim said...

mia, i'm so happy for you in the directions life is taking you! hope you have a peaceful road there! -K