Saturday 3 March 2007

the lady with the needle

I grew up terrified of needles. ask my fam. I was afraid of the boogie-man, crocodiles under my bed and sleeping with my head uncovered, but those were just little compared to the horrible feeling I had seeing ladies in white carrying needles. life plays funny tricks on you though. At prenatals today I needed to give a tetanus shot to a mum. Last week i injected vit K into a tiny baby boy-not even an hour old! I am the needle lady. I have become my own worst nightmare. and whats worse is, I truely mean it when I say, "this will be so good for you!" I haven't pulled the "it hurts me more than it hurts you yet". But still I have reached the point of no return i think. I still hate needles, I think I always will, but that doesn't mean I won't hesitate to give you one:) it'll do ya good.

2 comments:

hadassah said...

i love it: "i have become my own worst nightmare." hahahaha, you make me laugh Mer.
i love your pic too - your hair is so looooong! :)

Nathan & Erin said...

You can give me a needle anytime. It was great hearing from you. It sounds so amazing. Erin and I are praying for you. Love ya, Nate